There is no best time to lose weight, and expert opinions vary from time to time. Some doctors believe that mornings are the most suitable time to lose fat and burn excess calories. Some dieticians think late afternoons may be the ideal time to lose all the fats. But it is proven to some extent that eating late in the evening will not help you to lose weight since metabolism becomes the slowest during that period and your body consumes a lot of time to digest and whatever your intake does not get metabolised ideally by the body for the appropriate release of energy. Since improper digestion is associated with weight gain and extra calories, consumed by your body are stored as fats. Eating snacks late in the evening might create an upsurge in your cholesterol levels and can even cause disturbances in sleep.
Here Are the Best Diet Tips To Lose Weight During Evenings
- Prepare Your Meals in Advance: It is a brilliant idea to choose what you dine in advance, instead of looking for ideas and ingredients at a certain point of time in the evening. Rushing to your kitchen and cooking the dishes that catch your eyes might prove to be costly for you since you become impulsive and choose the food that might produce fats in your body. Therefore, plan a healthy meal well in advance so that you make yourself a healthy and weight-loss friendly meal.
- Reduce Consumption of Salt: It is advised to put a cap on your salt intake in the evenings since consumption of high sodium leads to higher water retention. You can include salt in your meals throughout the day, but it is recommended to limit its consumption post 7 p.m.
- Eat Your Dinner Early: An early dinner is ideal for digestion and habits that are good for digestion help in acute weight loss. It is inferred that your body is reliant on the movement of the sun. With the delay in taking our food, there are chances of the food lying in the intestines, hampering the digestion. Having your dinner early would help you to be satisfied, and the body will be able to utilise the food better. Since your body burns all the food particles to release energy, accumulation of excess calories might lead to fats within your body.
- Maintain Portion Control: If you are following a weight loss diet, you need to check the consumption of your portions. Eat in small quantities and focus on increasing the portion size of the nutritious food on your plate like vegetables or dal. Try to reduce the consumption of desserts.
- Choose Clear Soups Over Creamy Soups: Clear soups are not suitable for weight loss since they have a relatively low amount of calories. These soups keep your supper light. Start considering other supper options that include green salads tossed in olive oil, vinegar or hung curd.