Walnuts are exceptional foods that are nutrient-dense They are loaded with anti-oxidants in high quantity. They contain healthier omega-3 fats than any other common nut.
The rich nutrient profile of walnut contributes to a wide range of health benefits that include reduced inflammation and improved heart disease risk factors.
Apart from putting them in chocolates and cakes, they contain nutrients that can improve your health and skin too.
Here are some health benefits of consuming walnuts that most people don’t know about.
- Walnuts contain Omega-3 fats that play a significant role in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
- Vitamin E, folate and melatonin present in walnuts boost cognitive functions of the brain.
- Walnuts are loaded with high levels of proteins and fibre that make this nut a perfect option for snacking and reducing weight. It keeps your hunger pangs in check.
- Antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids in walnuts strengthen the immune system and stop the development of cancerous cells.
- Walnuts are enriched in fatty acids that help you in fighting diseases asthma, eczema and arthritis. The alpha-linolenic acid found in walnuts is great for making your bones stronger and healthier.
- Walnuts contain polyphenols that are found to prevent liver damage. Research reveals that the consumption of walnuts can lower blood pressure levels.
- Walnuts greatly deal with constipation issues and improve the health of the digestive system since it is enriched in fibre.
- Walnuts contain Vitamin B7 that provides strength to your hair and reduces hair fall.
- Eating walnuts not only nourish you but also the useful bacteria that is present in your gut. This promotes the health of your gut and may help in reducing the risk of ailments.
- Walnuts control type 2 diabetes and reduce your risk of the disease since the nut checks your weight and regulates your blood sugar level directly.