Copper is an essential mineral that is found in traces and is considered to be vital for human health. It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in neutralising toxins. Our bodies are not provided with the capability of manufacturing copper, so you need to acquire it from dietary sources.
According to Ayurveda, drinking copper-enriched water at the beginning of the day and that too on an empty stomach helps to regulate the balance of all three Doshas-Kapha, Vata and Pitta. This also guarantees the proper functioning of multiple organs and several metabolic processes associated with them.
Ayurveda specialists often prescribe to keep 2-3 glasses of water in a copper vessel overnight and drink it in the morning. When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper percolates into the water and provides all its positive properties. Water stored in the copper vessel never loses its quality.
Copper sterilizes the bacterial effects and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It protects your body from the growth of harmful bacterium E. coli and S. aureus, that are commonly found in your environment and cause severe ailments in the human body.
Copper also helps in cleansing and detoxing your stomach to pave the way for proper elimination of waste and harmful products. It also regulates the liver and assists in the proper functioning of the kidney alongside absorbing the nutrients from food. Copper also helps in breaking down and eliminating fat cells.
Apart from the effects mentioned above, there are few other advantages of drinking water in a copper vessel.
- Copper controls the fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate.
- The metal plays a crucial role in lowering higher cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin that controls the colouring of your eyes, hair and skin. Melanin also help in maintaining the safety of skin from sun damage, accelerate wound healing and conceal scars.
- Copper supports the iron absorption in the body which plays a key role in defending anaemia.
- Copper also helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
- Copper has powerful antioxidant properties which help fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer.
- Copper possesses brain stimulant and anti-convulsive properties.
- Copper regulates the functioning of thyroid gland.
- Copper also strengthens your bone and immune system, helping you to dodge arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.